June 28, 2006

Scary Hairy

I got stuck in a lift last night…it was not a nice experience and the reason I don’t really like lifts in the first place.

I got in at B1 (the basement) and pushed the button for level 7 (were I live). The doors closed then it started moving. Suddenly it shuddered and shock for a second of two then stopped. I waited, then jumped up and down a bit (I’ve heard that can get ‘em moving again) then I pressed the alarm. After a brief conversation with the disembodied male voice on the other end I sat down and waited for the ‘engineer’.

Forty minutes later the thing moved and the doors opened were I had started. It was a tad surreal it was as if the last forty minutes hadn’t even happened. A vortex of time that will never be returned to you.


I suppose I should be thankful, it didn’t pause on a high level and if the break thingys did fail completely I only had a few feet to drop before hitting the ground.

(151 words)

No comments: