January 11, 2012

Proficient

com·pe·tent (adjective)
 
having suitable or sufficient skill, knowledge, experience, etc., for some purpose; properly qualified: He is perfectly competent to manage the bank branch.
 
It’s a nice word.  It has a positive meaning unless it proceeded by ‘in’.
 
In recent times I’ve seen this word many times and today for the first time I have seen 50 occurrences of it in a single column.  This column shows that I am now competent in all aspect of being a Marriage Celebrant. 
 
I think I’ll pat myself on the back now, it’s been a long painful road, to get to the roundabout.
 
Next stop the Attorney General’s Office to register.  More hoops I’m sure.

3 comments:

Fran Carleton said...

Thank you!

You never know, if you're in Australia, I may be able to conduct a ceremony of some sort for you.

So far I have Life Celebrations (baby namings, renewal of vows, commitment ceremonies and the like), Weddings (coming very soon once AG does their stuff) and I'm starting Funeral Services in March.

If only you'd give me a clue! ;)

Anonymous said...

Well done. I'm sure your ceremonies would be very lively! Good luck and I hope you get to share lots of wonderful experiences.

Anonymous said...

Well at least someone is reading your blog!