June 21, 2008

TUESDAY 17th June – part two

The display started. It was awesome!
[1. Marching into the arena. 2. Knife things. 3. Swordman. 4. Tridents. 5. Swordman in action]

I walked down the hill, on the way buying myself a ice-cream. a sweetcorn ice-cream, it was surprisingly very nice It was hard work and by the time I got to the bottom I had loads of pictures of flowers and my hip hurt a lot. Downhill is always the worst.
[flower with bumble bee]

Another taxi and more pointing at the map. I went to the Markets. I wanted to get some tea, tourist crap (t-shirts etc) and I needed another bag. I ate from vendors while there, donuts, fruit and dumplings, but I couldn’t find Boisintang, also known as dog-meat soup. It was my mission, but it was not to be. Disappointed I left the markets.

A brief stop at the hotel to change, and then I was out again. It was nearing dinner time and I planned to walk back to the palace from earlier after eating. I had Bulgogi. It was Ok, but not what I had my heart set on, plus the waiter was odd. As soon as I’d picked up the menu he hovered. I asked for time, but the language got in the way and he stayed put, so I ordered something I knew.
[bulgogi dinner with all the side bits]

The palace was just across the street, so come dusk I was in there. 1000 won gets you entry, so I had no trouble paying for a second time in one day.
[1. palace entrance by night. 2. Eaves detail. 3. Door detail. 4. Decortive pot.]

Back at the hotel, I packed my bags ready for the morning bus back to the airport, knowing I had excess baggage.

No comments: