June 23, 2008

Pedicure

This morning my Mum was perky again. She was up and bathing at 11, ordering lunch and sitting in the arm chair looking out the window by noon. It's the first time she's been out of bed (apart from loo trips) since I arrived Thursday. After her bath I gave her a pedicure and foot massage. She asked me to buy her some nail varish so I can paint her toes tomorrow.

The Doc was very pleased and announced she would surprise us all, but when asked by my Mum if she could have more Chemo, he replied, 'there's no point in that if it's going to kill you.' He also mentioned to her that I was worried about leaving her to go to America despite her saying it was Ok. He response, 'she's got to go.' So despite my gran never speaking to me again, I'm going to go to the States as planned and send her pictures as she has requested.

This is the hardest thing I have ever done, because when I leave that hospice on Tuesday, it may be the last time I ever see my Mum.

She took a slight down turn after lunch and had to get back into bed for a kip.

I'd spent some time in the hospice garden early in the morning (I was up again at 6.30) and took a couple of photos with my phone.



[1. the back of the hospice where all rooms have double doors opening out onto the garden. 2. the bird feeding area and fish pond]

Update 2157 22/6/08 : Just spoke to the hospice, after a kip after lunch she was the brightest the hospice nurses had seen her. She went to sleep around 9pm.

No comments: