January 26, 2007

Exciting Day

Once again Australia Day has come and gone. A day were city dwellers flee the confines of concrete and block the major traffic arteries out of the city for the whole of the day before and at the end of the long weekend.

Once again Hubby and I missed the ferry races on the Harbour, the vintage car line up in Hyde Park and Macquarie Street and the 21 gun salute from Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair.

Instead we stayed in the bush and watched movies we’ve seen before. I wrote a couple poems, well actually I edited one and wrote a new Tanka. I also finished a book I’ve been reading on and off. The Further Adventures of Belle de Jour, a very cool book about an ex-London call girl. Her first book is about when she was on the game. I also ordered a few new books from Amazon, a couple of fetish books and a book of poetry by Christian Bok. I shall look forward to receiving the wisdom they have to impart.

(176 words)

No comments: