January 29, 2007

BP and Work Stress

I started back at work today and as some of you may know (and some of you may not care) I have a problem with my blood pressure to the point where I take lots of drugs (legal) to keep it at a nice even 120/80ish.

I have been on holidays since 22nd December, those of you that keep track of my little journal will know I have had a mixture of fun, relaxation and a scare or two but nothing could prepare me for this morning.

I got up at 8.15am, dressed, walked the four blocks to the office with a brief stop at the City Edge cafĂ© to pick up a large fruit salad ($5 and I got a plum) for brekkie. I was in the office with my PC logged on by 8.45pm. Something of a miracle considering I haven’t dragged my arse out of my pit before lunchtime for the last ten days. Anyway, that’s another story ;-)

So…PC logged on, Christmas and New Year tales shared with my co-workers and I was standing by the printer picking up my latest creation when I came over all dizzy. I had to grab the printer to stop myself from falling. I slowly made my way back to my desk and dug out my portable BP monitor.

110/58!

Holy crap! It was only 10 o’clock in the morning and I had done nothing! All I’d done is walk to the office, chit chat a bit and print out work I hadn’t even produced in the office. This place has amazing healing powers it’s so chilled out and laid back! Well, maybe a bit too good. In all the weeks I have had off my BP had sat nicely at 118 -125/70 – 85 nothing so low my head span!

I knew it would be good for me to get back to work.

(313 words)

No comments: