December 15, 2006

Second Adolescence

It official, It seems I'm going through puberty AGAIN!

I went to see my ‘gal’ today for a spot of waxing before Christmas and we got to talking about the condition of my skin. Now, those of you that know, I’m 34, those of you that didn’t; now you do ;-). For the last couple of months my skin has been crazy spotty. Chin, nose, back, chest, even in my hair, it’s gross, trust me. It gets worse, twenty minutes after I’ve washed my face, cleansed, toned and applied a light moisturiser my face feels like I’ve got over zealous with the spray cooking oil.

It’s not even as if I’m eating crisps and greasy crap...I live on fresh fruit, rich rolls, veggies, sushi and meat (not a lot of chocolate although it does sneak in on occasion and I partial to jelly). And I drink getting on for two litres of water a day as well and green tea.

So, we were discussing my skin, what’s changed? New moisturiser? No. New shampoo? No. Are you having more sex? No more than usual.

Then I remembered, about three months ago I went off the pill due to my high blood pressure (the pill can increase bp), for the first time since I went on it when I was 14.

‘Well, that’s it then. You’re going through puberty, properly!’

I must make a Doctor’s appointment so she can put a stop to it.


(240 words)

No comments: