December 26, 2006

Chillin' Chrimble

It’s Christmas day and I’m home alone. Hubby has flown to the UK to see his Grandmother who is in hospital after hip surgery. My plan to relax, do nothing and watch telly with the cats by my side.

And that I did once I had dragged my backside from my pit. I showered and went for a walk into Chinatown, had sushi for lunch then sauntered home to watch Only Fools and Horses.

UKTV on Foxtel were having a special all day of OF&H so being English it was my duty...no, my honour, to sit and observe the traditional Christmas episode after Christmas Lunch.

I find it bewildering that the one day of the year that we are allowed, neigh, expected to sit and do nothing, most choose to have one of the busiest days of the year. I have a girlfriend who is having neighbours over for a champagne breakfast, followed lunch with her Dad then dinner with her in-laws. Another friend has chosen to visit someone she hasn’t seen for several years.

For me, it was relaxing. I spoke to those I wanted to speak to (mostly the cats), I ate what I wanted to (grilled haloumi with oregano and lemon) and watched what I wanted to watch (the world go by and OF&H). I know this isn’t everybody’s idea of ideal, but for me, just this year it was.

I hope you all had a wonderful day and that 2007 brings you all that you hope and wish for.


(253 words)

No comments: