January 4, 2008

New Years Day 2008

After a long lie in on New Years Day I made sure that Walter was settled in, fed and waters before loading up the car and driving North for a few days. Puss meowed the whole ninety minutes.

When I got there it was dark, you could see all the stars twinkling in the sky. The hall light was on to welcome me home and the Harrys had lined the walls by way of a greeting committee. There were at least six side-plate size Huntsman spiders hanging about, poking out from behind the pictures and sitting staring at the intruder.




The place was creepy, it was like a haunted house. Cobwebs strung across the hallway and doorways saw me jumping about wiping my face like a big girl.

Puss wouldn’t go outside; it was too dark and spooky for him. Shame it was NYD and not Halloween really.

No comments: