December 8, 2005

Online...

...chats are fun, but time consuming.

I have been a Yahoo messenger user for getting on ten years. I enjoy meeting new and interesting people, and over the last few years I have met allsorts. Yesterday I met a new fellow who live fairly close to me. The conversation was kept clean (surprising but refreshing) and we talked about sick relatives and a desire to explore the unknown, both physically and mentally.

Over the years I have met a wide and almost scary amount of people and talked about everything from the love of God (I won't talk religion anymore...too fraught with the dangers of being misunderstood) to politics and mild toe sucking to hardcore BDsM scenes. I have over fifty contacts in my Yahoo list, some I speak to on a regular basis, others once in a blue moon. All I enjoy speaking to as I always seem to learn something new and I'm not afraid to step out of my comfort zone.

However... it is amazing how hours rush by when chatting online. One second it is 10am then the next time you look it's 2pm, you've missed lunch and done no work for the last four hours! This happened to me not two days ago when I was 'working' from home.

So be warned... I love chatting, but if I cut you off, it's not 'cause I don't like you (I'll tell you that) but it's 'cause I'm supposed to be working ;-)

You can find me at jodiesorrell2000 on Yahoo Messenger.

No comments: