December 30, 2005

Happy New Year!

I got in just in time to wish you all a very happy new year. I’ve been very slack this year with the seasons cheer. Although for the first time since moving to Australia my Christmas cards reached their intended recipients in time for the big day.

I don’t know what you all have planned to do to bring in the New Year, but I pretty sure that what I have planned will blow you away.
NOTHING!
For the last couple of years I have tried to celebrate in a spectacular way. It has fizzled each time. So this year, I’m gonna do nothing. I’m gonna try again next year, but for now, I plan on watching a bit of telly, reading my book and sleeping.

I hope you all get to celebrate new year in a fashion that makes you happiest!

Here’s a run down on the last few years of New Year celebrations!
2005 – Luna Park, Sydney. Went to watch the fireworks from under the bridge, we went with a large group, we got split up, the beer was expensive and took an age to queue for, as did the ladies loo. Had picture taken with Policeman! By 12.30 everyone was bored, so we went our separate ways.
2004 – Taronga Zoo, Sydney. The first attempt to watch the Fireworks from a ‘Vantage’ point. This place was WAY to family friendly. Should have known it was my own stoopid fault!
2003 – Home, Bucketty. Watched telly.
2002 – Echo Point Motor Inn, Blue Mountains, NSW. Crusty mildewy motel room, bad telly, no alcohol!
2001 – Home, Teringie, South Australia. Watch the Adelaide fireworks from the balcony of a neighbour. It was OK, but I had to remember it from the deepest recesses of my mind, so not that memorable!
2000 – Hamilton Island, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland. Wasn’t too bad, but there wasn’t enough people. Had Lobster for dinner, followed by wine, wine and more wine. Had picture taken with Policeman! Went on a GBR cruise and snorkel trip on New Year Day, was horribly hung over but they were only about 12 others on the cruise. TIP: if you want to cruise GBR, do it NYD, there is no one around ;-)
1999 – Waymouth, Cornwall UK. Went dressed as Poison Ivy from Batman Returns. Great time!
1998 – Waymouth, Cornwall UK. Went dressed as a Hooker in black PVC dress, red wig and long red boot. Had my picture taken with policemen. Heaps of people, great time!
1997 – Waymouth, Cornwall UK. The first year we went to Weymouth. The whole town goes out in Fancy dress. All the pubs have a competition, and you can go from pub to pub and meet lots of like minded funky, happy people. That year I went dressed a 50’s chick, with pink skirt, with poodle on front, white fluffy jumper and pink tie in my hair. It was -35 with wind chill. Alcohol deadened the pain of cold. Great time! On New Year Day went to Seaworld (still not legal to drive) and became a Shark Cadet!

No comments: