May 9, 2012

How much money?

Last night Oz Lotto had a $74 million jackpot after rolling over from fifty million last week. I felt I had to donate to the prize pool, after all, you have to be in it, to win it.


Today there was an article in the paper with the headline, ‘Would $70million make you happy?’

My immediate response was ‘hell ya!’

One of the comments said ‘It’s not the money that makes you happy, it’s how you spend it.’ I agree with this and I have to say, I would have much fun spending it.

One of the first things I’d do is buy the house in Spain that Muv built. Then I’d repair it and get rid of any beige feature walls. I would also purchase myself a modest terrace within walking distance of Sydney. I’d also pay off all my debts (with interest to those that aren’t charging it).

Then I’d travel, see the world and help out communities that needed it. I’d teach in African villages (but not maths), I’d help out in wildlife conservation areas and more than likely become known as that lottery winner that loves cats and dog more than people.

So yeah, I think I could be very happy with $70 million burning a hole in my bank account.

No more public transport with sniffy, snot sounds in my ears.
No more having to get up and go to a job I hate.
No more renting for a landlord that will do anything to save a few dollars but end up spending more in the long run.
And most of all, no more worrying about money.

I’d like not to have to worry about money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I would buy a nice big house and set up a charity. Can't do either with the $14 I won though.