April 29, 2011

Workplace Relations

Today my last day at my job today. I’ve only been here for three months on a fix term contract, but it feels like I’ve been here forever, in a good way.

I think I will actually miss this workplace. The people have been lovely. They have cream filled biscuits in the kitchen. They have regular morning teas. They gave each and every employee an Easter egg last week, and not one of the tiny ones from a multi pack, a proper sized one. My boss doesn’t mind me bringing Cara to work.

Unlike the last three month contract I had, which I couldn’t wait to get away from, after a bout Whooping Cough and a spell on crutches. This one I will genuinely miss, but as with all things, it must come to an end, cash wins out.

Where I’m going they are going to pay a daft amount for me to supervise. I’ll actually be ‘Managing’ change, rather than doing change. I may have to get my hands dirty on occasion, but for the most part I shall be directing communicators, trainers and change people. Awesome! I wonder if I’ll have an office.

No comments: