February 5, 2008

Rain Rain, Go Away

On my way to work this morning I didn’t get wet for the first time in days. There was a brief reprieve for the rain. We have hit February, traditionally the hottest month of the year, and it’s pissing with rain and sitting at about 23degrees, down to 20-21 over night.

I had a quick look at the TOA blog and it appears that he and many others feel the same. Enough already! I know we’ve been in drought for what seems like forever, but really can we have a little break, say until autumn, when it’s supposed to rain.

To cap it off, the roof started leaking last night. I got up to pee at just after 3 and stepped in something cold and wet…I’m ashamed to admit I thought Puss had puked, but after establishing that I had no solids between my toes and I had just felt a drip on my head I came to the conclusion that my little cottage was truly crap, just another thing in a long line of ‘things’.

So, please, those of you still doing rain dances. Give it a rest, so TOA can dry his kitchen out and I can have the roof fixed before the carpet goes mouldy.

No comments: