December 31, 2012

2012


So another year has passed.  Another year of struggling, trials and the odd moment of joy and hilarity.  I go into 2013 still single with a menagerie of animals that ensure I get out of bed each morning (sometime afternoon). 

Let’s get into this:

January
I started the year at Field Day, a music festival, where I photographed Gotye, Kimbra and Calvin Harris.  This pretty much set the scene for my photography projects for the year. 
I had a garage sale which was a disaster, I made $160. 
I sold Cap’n Hank
Cara turned seven.

February
After a three day hospital stay for a kidney stone I felt it was time to restart my comedy career.    Helen came over from the UK for a few days.

March
A busy month I photographed Jurassic Lounge, Renbury Cats and some street fashion.   Having been unemployed for a while I tried to keep my Funeral Celebrant career off by visiting loads of funeral homes. 
I also started my short lived ‘extras’ career when I spent several hours sitting around and pretending to be a barrister.  It was an interesting experience to see just how long it take to make a TV program.

April
The day known for fools turned into a tragic day for me.  My darling Cara went missing when I went out without her for the first time in weeks.  A storm spooked her, someone picked her up and stole her.
I held my first Tupperware party as a demonstrator.
I started working at FaCS.

May
I found myself lacking a creative outlet so I picked up a crochet hook and some wool.  My first Granny square in about 10 years was a disaster, but it soon came flooding back.
I had seven comedy gigs this month.
I spent a weekend in Melbourne with Sally

June
I went to the theatre, I saw 'When Dad Married Fury'.  It was a lot of fun.
I photographed The Sydney Film Festival Hub and Renbury cats again.  Comedy was good with six gigs.
I started to learn how to play the recorder.

July
This month I learnt that trying to perform comedy on the anniversary of your mother’s death isn’t ideal.  It’s hard to get into ‘the zone’.
I fostered, then adopted FeFe.  After months of looking and several false alarms, my heart, still breaking for Cara, cried out for a Chihuahua companion.

August
A quiet month I volunteered for Oscar’s Law.
Jon visited for two and half days.
Jurassic Lounge started it’s winter season, I photographed it.

September
After being qualified for nearly a year, I finally got around to being a wedding celebrant. 
Agent interviews started again as my contract with FaCS drew to an end
I started studying for a Graduate Diploma in Counselling

October
I fostered Harry.  A Chihuahua/mini foxy that had been left for dead on the roadside.  He and FeFe got on so well, that he ended up getting himself adopted.  Silly boy!
It was my 40th birthday.  I got two cards and one pressy.  To say it was underwhelming is an overstatement.
Unemployed, still.

November
I kept my head down after the disappointment of October.  I handed in my uni assignments, performed comedy and delivered Toastmasters speeches.
Went the theatre and saw ‘Sex with Strangers’ on 14th.  Struggling financially as I have all year, I was unable to join everyone for dinner.
Started a three a week contract, because it was all I could get.

December
Photographed Goyte in Melbourne and Sydney.
Went to Perth for work.
Declared a pt 9 debt agreement, but still struggling financially because I’m only working three days a week.
Low on seasonal spirit and cash I've done nothing except walk the dogs the entire Christmas new year season.  forgive for being a tad Bah humbug.

Maybe 2013 will bring better times

No comments: