November 20, 2008

Pass the Port

A couple of weeks ago I mislaid my passport. OK, I dropped it on the way to have it photocopied by my new employer. Anyway… after reporting it and asking the lost property people to keep an eye out for a couple of days I reported it to the police. I set myself a cut off, if it hadn’t been found by Wednesday at noon, I was going to call the Passport office and tell them I was a idiot.

Wednesday (last week) dawned and I hadn’t heard anything. I called the police, gave them my reference number and was told, nothing had been handed in. I looked up the number of the passport office on the web.

At 11.55 my mobile rang.

It was the Canberra Passport office. Some nice citizen of Sydney had found my passport and mailed it to them. I was informed that it would be sent to the Sydney office and I would have to pick it up from there.

I went down there today and ended up waiting for nearly an hour and a half while they found it. Yes, they had temporarily misplaced it.

But, it’s OK. They found it and now I have it back :-)

No comments: