March 4, 2008

On the Move Again

I have to start packing again because I have to move. Six weeks ago my roof started to leak after weeks of torrential rain and I sent a polite email to the real estate agent suggesting if it was fixed quickly the landlord could avoid having to repaint the ceiling. I received an email back saying is would be fixed and that the landlord was giving me 60 notice to get out. Incidentally that was six weeks ago and I still have a bucket in the middle of my lounge in case it rains and there is now a moohosive yellow patch on the ceiling.

Anyway, after weeks of Saturday’s slepping around Sydney looking for somewhere to live (along with about a million students all on daddy’s dime) I was offered a place on Friday afternoon and I move on the 17th.

I’m moving from Redfern to Merrylands (pronounced Marylands) into a three bedroom place with a garden for Puss. I’m not sure he’s going to like the Ibis that hang around, but I’m sure he’ll get used to them, just as I will get used to catching the train to work and being a Westie.

No comments: