December 3, 2007

I Walked into a Cupboard Door

Someone said something to me on Friday that made me really look at the way I live. I was told that I was in an abusive relationship, but I think she was joking.

I have some marks on the back of my right hand and when called on it by a lady at work I made excuses, I told her it was my fault. I was hugging him too hard; I moved too quick, it was an accident. This is not the first time I’ve made excuses. I do it regularly.

Over the weekend I realized I jump when he says jump, I serve him dinner as soon as he sits in the correct position, I open and close doors and groom on demand. I even move over in the bed so I don't disturb him when he's sleeping.

Is it really possible to be in an abusive relationship with a cat?

1 comment:

Marrickville Princess said...

I reckon so. My cat has recently taken to waking me up at 3am. When I get out of bed to respond to her meows she just looks at me and goes back to the lounge to sleep.